Saturday, June 23, 2012

Road Trippin' (Pennsylvania or Bust)

It's finally here - the week of my summer vacation to Lewisburg, Pennsylvania! My little brother and I are on the road as I type! :)
(We miss you, Colin! Goal to leave was 6 a.m., and we left at 9. Typical.)

Why PA? Well, my mom grew up there, and my brothers and I have been going there at least twice a year since we were born. You could say that it's our second home, especially because my mom and step-dad live there now, back in her hometown, along with my aunts, uncles, and cousins. Pennsylvania will always hold a special place in my heart. It's given me countless childhood memories full of... summer days filled with tree climbing and slip 'n sliding, family reunions, my first bee sting, spitting watermelon seeds down the hill in my grandmother's backyard, making homemade ice cream, discovering abandoned forts in the woods, riding the log ride at Knoebel's with my grandfather, baking pies with my grandmother, getting electrocuted trying to pet my friend's horses through an electric fence, and camping and learning to fish at our family cabin, to name a few. ;) I could go on and on. Pennsylvania is a breathtakingly beautiful state full of rolling hills and endless countryside. I cherish every day that I get to spend there, and when I leave, I count down the days until I return. So here's to a 10-hour road trip followed by a week full of family traditions & some good ole fun in the sun! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment